Wednesday, 1 July 2015

Jeffrey Bunny The Ami

by Mary’s Amiland, May 2015

I love bunnies, I can never have enough to make them but this time I wanted to make a bunny that was special and unique: Jeffrey had to be THE bunny in my collection of amigurumis.
I have worked so hard since I made his sketch back in March this year.
First I experimented how to make the limbs moveable without using plastic joints as I wanted to create a toy suitable for young children. Then I spent countless hours on his clothes remaking them over and over and eventually his dungarees came into shape.
Finally I asked a bunch of fine crocheters to test the pattern for me on Ravelry. In a matter of few days I received all their feedbacks which helped me to write the pattern as clearer as possible.

Today I can proudly say that Jeffrey bunny is finished, love the way he turned out!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! I love this one! So cute ❤️
    I would love to be added at your earburn list ;)
    Greetings, Wendy
    Wendy's Mhaaksels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy, thanks for your compliment!
      I have added to my Ravelry friends and earburn list for future needs.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much ;)
      Have a nice day.

      Delete
  2. He is absolutely adorable!! I had a stuffed bunny when I was a little girl that I cherished & took everywhere with me. I lost him due to a domestic situation, when I was seven. I've always looked for a bunny that was anywhere close but never have. Then I saw your beautiful creation! I cried happy tears. It's like you had known about My bunny. He's so very close to Earl, my bunny. Just knowing that he's out there somewhere makes this old woman happy. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tina, I’m touched by your warm words. This little guy is very special to me as well. I wanted to create THE bunny in my collection of amigurumis, and knowing that my character is able to bring joy to somebody else makes me feel so proud. A big THANKS!

      Delete